Table of Contents
- Christians and Muslims Visit through Study at Joglo Preschool
- 2017 May • Papuans update after returning home from International Peace Training
- Anita reports on the 2017 Peace Training at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2017 Feb • Nanik reports on the 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Perspectives on the 2017 International Peace Training
- 2017 Feb • Mentawai Islands
- Compassionate Listening Workshop at Peace Place
- 2017 Feb • Reflections from our 4th Annual International Peace Training
- Joglo Preschool
- 2017 Feb – Mar • 4th Annual International Training for Peace
- 2016 Jul-Aug • Joglo Preschool is Becoming a Model for Others
- Sharing the Power of Goodness at PhilYM
- 2016 June – July • Volunteering at Peace Place – Felicitas Zschoche from Germany
- 2016 June • American family of Four visiting Peace Place
- 2016 April – May • Peace Place Activity Update
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- Barak Induk: Leaders to Meet Soon
- Presentation to University Muria Kudus, Central Java, Indonesia
- 2016 Jan • International Training at Peace Place
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 Dec – 2016 Jan • Friends Peace Team to Indonesia
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- 2015 March • International Training for Peace
- 2015 Feb • Helping At Joglo Preschool
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- 2014 Jan – Apr • Friends Peace Team Indonesia/Australia
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Petrus Introducing the new Joglo Preschool
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 • FRIENDS IN BARAK INDUK UNDER ATTACK
- Children and teachers playing at The Peace Place.
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2011 • Extend Service Nicholas Rozard
- 2011 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2011 April • FWCC Manila Peace Team
- 2011 Feb – Mar • Indonesia Peace Team
- 2009 • Voice of Barak Induk
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
- 2006 • Friends in Conscience in Indonesia, Nadine Hoover; NYYM Spark: NYC, NY.
- 2006 • Alfred Builds Eight Houses In Tsunami Area, Nadine Hoover
- 2005 • Help or Hope for the Acehnese? The Human Face of War, by Nadine Hoover September 2005, unpublished manuscript.
- 2005 • Gratitude to Alfred Residents in Tsunami Aftermath, Nadine Hoover; Alfred Sun: Alfred, NY.
2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
Joglo Preschool field trips to dairy farms and Warung Keboen Ibu
On June 28, 2015 Joglo Preschool took a field trip with the students to dairy farms located about 2 km from the Joglo preschool at Peace Place in Pati Regency. The goal was to learn where milk is obtained, how milking cows are cared for, and what they eat. Besides all the people involved in Joglo we need to learn about life and that we need each other, we cannot live alone. If we want to drink cow’s milk it requires farmers, feed, and fertile soil.
On June 11, 2015 Joglo Preschool at Peace Place in Pati, Central Java, Indonesia took a field trip with the students to “Warung Keboen Ibu” Colo Tourism Object located about 18 km to the north of the center of the Kudus city, precisely in the Muria Mountains Region. The purpose of field trip was to establish familiarity among Joglo Preschool families, introducing cool air highlands and observing various plants that can grow there. We played cooperative games between the children and parents like to throw the ball, move the flag, and stringing beads. Peeling Beans and Cross the Ocean games were specifically for older people. The activities ended with swimming.
As one parent, Nuning Ernawati, describes, “In our school we believe that school is not just for learning the studies such as numbers and counting, letters and writing, reading and so forth, but our school also teaches about social relationships and spiritual life. We learn so much from the children about how they process their learning towards building their capabilities.”
We create and preserve peaceful and nonviolent societies through the nature of interactions among adults and children and with the Earth. The Friends Guest House at Peace Place provides a place for you to stay, visit the local area and islands and volunteer in our preschool, after-school, parent and community visitation programs grounded in Alternatives to Violence Project training. Please contact Nanik at email@example.com if you would like to come for a brief or extended stay.