Table of Contents
- Jamuna Shrestha and Poonam Pokwal Visit Ohio
- A Story of Yad Gurung
- Experiences with the Bhutanese in Pittsburgh, PA USA
- Mini-Workshop with the Bhutanese Community Association of Pittsburgh
- Planting Seeds of Peace
- Crisis in Darjeeling
- A Taste of Empowerment
- AVP Taste of Empowerment Mini-Workshop
- 2017 May-July • Jamuna Shrestha Visits with Resettled Bhutanese in the US
- Jamuna Shrestha to visit the US
- 2016 September • AVP trauma healing workshop
- 2015 November • Workshops help with recovery
- 2015 Oct • Beginning workshops for recovery
- 2015 Sept • Nepal is Beginning to Heal
- Seeking Discernment
- 2015 June • Vidya Sutton returns to Kathmandu after the earthquakes
- Trusting in the discernment of the local Nepalese
- Nepal Earthquake Relief Log
- Visiting communities to listen to stories of loss and repair destroyed hopes for survival
- Nepal Relief Update
- First batch of relief support is distributed in Nepal
- Update from today’s visit to a village
- April 2015 • Earthquakes hit Nepal
- 2015 March • Discernment workshop in Nepal
- Planned Nepal Friends Peace team • March – April 2015
- Bhutanese refugees struggle after relocating in the US
- 2014 Apr – May • Nepal
- 2013 December • Nepal Peace Team
- Training Facilitators for AVP Workshops in Refugee Camps in Eastern Nepal
- Struggles in the Lhotshampa Refugee Camps
- Lhotshampa Refugee History
- Supporting AVP Facilitators in Nepal
Planned Nepal Friends Peace team • March – April 2015
We have scheduled a visit to from the beginning of March to the end of April.
The primary purpose of this (and and all Friends Peace Team visits) is to establish, renew and nurture our relationship with the people there.
We will visit three different regions in Nepal,
- The Kathmandu Valley, Kathmandu is the capital and is where facilitated our first AVP workshops seven years ago.
- Pokhara and villages in the surrounding regions, in the foothills of the Annapurna mountain range, We have been working with teachers and children in this area in partnership with Children Nepal.
- Surkhet in mid-Western Nepal where we have been working with the Humanities Department of the University.We hope to train facilitators there to work in the surrounding villages.
We hope to facilitate eleven AVP workshops(Basic, 2nd level and T4F) and possibly an additional five workshops using two teams and running them simultaneously.
Presently three facilitators have made a firm commitment to join the visit. They are are staying only part of the time so there is a strong need for more visiting facilitators. If you are moved to join us please email John@Michaelis.net a.s.a.p.