Table of Contents
- 2016 March • Earthquake Strikes Mentawai Island
- A Decade of Tsunami Relief: Author chat with Nadine Hoover of Friends Peace Teams
- Tunas Baru Preschool’s First College Graduate!
- 2015 FPT-AWP Annual report
- Update: How you can help the people of Barak Induk
- People of Barak Induk once again under attack
- 2015 June • News from Joglo Preschool
- Minute approved on 2 June 2015 by the AWP Working Group
- Nepal Earthquake Relief Log
- Visiting communities to listen to stories of loss and repair destroyed hopes for survival
- Nepal Relief Update
- Nepal Earthquake Appeal Letter
- First batch of relief support is distributed in Nepal
- Stay at the FPT Guesthouse in Pati, Indonesia
- Silaturahmi: The Power of Visiting
- News from Palestine and Israel
- Exploratory Workshop: Connecting with Australia’s First Peoples
- Community Reading Room and the Barak Induk New Generation AVP Team
- Floods in Pati, Central Java
- “Power of Goodness” has come under the care of FPT-AWP
- Good News for Global Drinking Water!
- AWP Fall 2013 Newsletter
- PeaceWays Newsletter Fall-Winter 2013-14 issue
- News August 3 2013
- News June 26 2013
- News from Nanik at Peace Place
- News April 1 2013
- News February 25 2013
- Activities at Peace Place in February 2013
- Report to Australia Yearly Meeting January 2013
- Peace Is Possible 16 January 2013
- Petrus sent us a letter from Peace Place in Central Java today.
- News August 2012
- News August 1, 2012
- News June 2012
- News May 2012
- Expanding from Indonesia to Asia West Pacific!
- News 12 April 2011
- Peace is Possible 9 March 2011
- News 14 Dec 2010
- News 25 Nov 2010
- News, 10 Aug 2010
- News 20 July 2010
- News 15 April 2010
- News 8 March 2010
- Water Filters 21 Jan 2010
- News 18 Jan 2010
- Teacher Update 18 Jan 2010
- News 27 Oct 2009
- News 19 Sept 2009
- News 15 May 2009
- News 16 April 2009
- News 28 Feb 2009
- News 15 Feb 2009
- News 9 Feb 2009
- News 14 Jan 2009
- PIPA Letter to Indonesian Government January 2009
- News 12 Dec 2008
- News 13 Nov 2008
- Request for Teachers
April 27 2008
- News 13 April 2008
News from Nanik at Peace Place
Education flourishes when it’s based on peace and nonviolence, experience and reflection!
Peace Place activities are going well. Taking advantage of the holiday, we are having an Outdoor Event on 1 July 2013 for everyone involved in Peace Place, including the preschool children and parents. We will have about 70 people at the Njollong Coffee Gardens in Pati. We will do AVP activities.
We wish could could all be here with us and hope you are considering coming to visit some day. We appreciate all the visits and exchange of ideas that comes from Friends Peace Teams.
Thank you, Nanik
Joglo Preschool Update from Nanik:
We’re still enthusiastic about the preschool activities. We have regular teacher meetings and are continually learning. We now have 16 children. One student moved to Jakarta with his mother, but his mother and nanny tell many stories about the wonderful changes in him before he left. On 16-24 May 2013 we held parent meetings. We allocated 30 minutes but it actually took almost an hour and a half. We followed this agenda:
• Check in
• Children’s development (parents talked about the changes and development they see in their children, then the teachers talked about the development they see in the children at school).
• Problem solving
The teachers explained, among other things, the way in which we accompany the children at the school. How we give the child room to learn and try things and discover results on their own. Adults should wait patiently, value their results and learn to get beyond our own violence. The parents really liked the meeting and they learned so much about their children. After the meeting, the parents paid more attention to their children. Afterwards, parents would bring their children’s drawings to school and compare them to the developmental stages posted at school.