Table of Contents
- 2017 Feb • Hayley describes a transformative experience in Indonesia
- 2016 May-Sept • Feliz Zschoche volunteers at Peace Place
- 2016 FPT-AWP activities
- 2015 June • Vidya Sutton returns to Kathmandu after the earthquakes
- 2015 April • AVP workshops in Nepal
- 2015 March • Najla Drooby’s experience at the Peace Place International Workshop
- 2015 March • Discernment workshop in Nepal
- 2015 February – March • Autumn Star shares about her trip to Indonesia
- 2015 Feb • Autumn Star returns to Indonesia
- 2015 FPT-AWP activities
- 2014 September • English Classes with students at Raudlatul Falah, an Islamic high school in Java
- 2014 April • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 March – April • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2014 • Indonesia Peace Team, Vydia Sutton
- New Generation of Barak Induk Team
- 2014 February • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 December • Nepal Peace Team Travel Log
- Friends’ work continues
- 2013 October • Philippines Peace Team Travel Log
- 2013 Peace Team to Indonesia – Blaze Nowara, Christopher Hughes, Ludwig Bon Quirog
- 2013 Jun – Jul • Indonesia Peace Team Travel Log
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Few People — Growth Always Comes from Small Sprouts!
- 2013 Feb • Indonesia Peace Team
- Training Facilitators for AVP Workshops in Refugee Camps in Eastern Nepal
- Opening of the Taman Bermain Buemoe Ubeut (Small Earth Playground) Preschool in Langsa
- Community Noticing Improvement in Joglo Preschool Students’ Behavior
- Struggles in the Lhotshampa Refugee Camps
- Supporting AVP Facilitators in Nepal
- Yuyun’s Artist Scholarship
- 2012 • Indonesia Peace Team, John Michaelis
- 2012 • Extended Service, Kristina Blank
- 2012 Jan • Indonesia, Joe Dosch
- Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
- DOLLS! DOLLS! DOLLS!
- All in a day’s work
- 2011 • Extended Service, Esther Buckwalter
- Peace is Possible!!!
- We did it! Indonesians run AVP basic workshop in East Aceh
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Jakarta
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, N Sumatra
- 2007 Jan • Indonesia Peace Team, Aceh
- An Adventure in Indonesia, Stephen S. Haynes February 2007 unpublished article.
Norway, July 2011 • Team Member, Terese Longva Returns Home to Terror
Terese Longva returns home from her travels on Friends Peace Teams to Indonesia to shocking events in Norway.
International Business Times reports in “Striking PHOTOS: Norway Explosion and Shooting Kill at least 91″ “Norwegian police confirmed Saturday morning that they had arrested Anders Behring Breivik, 32, a suspect identified as right wing Christian fundamentalist who is responsible for both the bombing and the youth camp shooting rampage in Oslo, Norway Friday.
“The deadly explosion and shooting attacks left 91 dead. The suspect will face terrorism charges that carry a prison sentence of up to 21 years according to the police report on Saturday.
“Breivik who is thought to have planted the bomb near Prime Minister’s Office killed seven people and then headed to Utoeya island for the killing massacre, during which he shot dead at least 84 people.
“Utoeya, a small wooded holiday island was hosting the annual camp for the Labor Party’s youth wing when the gunman turned the “youth paradise into a hell,” Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg said during a separate news conference. “What happened at Utoeya is a national tragedy. Not since World War II has our country seen a greater crime,” Reuters cited him as saying.”
Our hearts go out to all their families. I wish we did not train people to think that violence is a solution to any problem.